Saturday, October 31, 2009

Wisdom Hunter

I was sent two books from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing to review.

The first book was another page turner by an author that I had not read before. Wisdom Hunter by Randall Arthur was a thought provoking book. After reading the Author's note before reading the book, I was intrigued.

This suspenseful novel touches on breaking free from Christian legalism and finding God. The main character let's God "out of the box" that he has been putting him in for years as a preacher.

I have never had the experience of a legalistic church, but the topics drew me in and really made me think about how I at times put God in a box.

This book was first released in 1991 and caused controversy between the author and the missionary administration for which he served. I think this was an amazing book in the genre that I love.

You can check out this book at RandomHouse.com

The second book that was sent to me by Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing was Shadow Government by Grant R. Jeffrey. I am still working on getting through this book. I think that the book has some interesting concepts, but I am not sure I am in agreement with them. Here is a summary of the book from Random House.com.

about this book:
Security cameras, surveillance of your financial transactions, radio frequency spy chips hidden in consumer products, tracking of your Internet searches, and eavesdropping on your e-mail and phone calls. Without your knowledge or consent, every aspect of your life is observed and recorded. But who is watching the watchers?

An ultra-secret global elite, functioning as a very real shadow government, controls technology, finance, international law, world trade, political power, and vast military capabilities. Those who hold power are invisible to all but a few insiders. These unrivaled leaders answer to no earthly authority, and they won’t stop until they control the world.

In Shadow Government, Grant Jeffrey removes the screen that, up to now, has hidden the work of these diabolical agents. Jeffrey reveals the biblical description of Satan’s global conquest and identifies the tools of technology that the Antichrist will use to rule the world.

Your eyes will be opened to the real power that is working behind the scenes to destroy America and merge it into the coming global government. Armed with this knowledge, you will be equipped to face spiritual darkness with the light of prophetic truth.

You can find out more about this book at purchase it at RandomHouse.com

No comments: