Thursday, July 30, 2009

About

I am a stay-at-home mom of three girls living in a small town in South Dakota.

Girlfriends Get Real is a blog that focuses on my desire to share my thoughts on Faith. I am not perfect and this blog gives me an opportunity to share my story, my struggle and my journey. I love the Lord with all of my heart, all of my soul, all of my strength and all of my mind (Luke 10:27). I strive to grow in my relationship with Jesus Christ every day.

This blog is a little glimpse into my journey.
For a long time I was trying to fit in to the world. I really wanted everyone to like me. But, somewhere in the midst of it all I lost myself.
Girlfriends Get Real is a place for me to find myself again. This is a place to be real. Life is too short to live a life pretending to be someone that you are not. None of us a perfect, no matter how hard we try.
Exciting changes are on the way here. Girlfriends Get Real is going to have a new home on Wordpress with a new design, new pages and a lot more places to stop by and be real. Some of us are moms, some of us are grammys, some of us are married, some of us are single, but one thing is true of all of us, we are Girlfriends getting real.
When I am not writing online I can be found: reading, scrapbooking, and spending time with my family. I am married to a wonderful man that helps me to dream big and finances all of our crazy adventures. He graciously lives in a house full of pink, ponytails and a lot of drama.

17 comments:

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Hi Amy
Love your new header! It is beautiful! I love all your changes so far, good stuff!
Collette xxx

outdoor.mom said...

what a neat blog :-) Hello from MT

Erika said...

Well, you have a new reader in me :)

Yansy said...

Hi there, I wanted to remind you to participate in my giveaway. It starts today. Good Luck!

Julie said...

Thank you for your sweet comment! Your blog is precious! I am adding your link to my sidebar...I love the scripture!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm also a middle child, so I feel your & your daughter's pain. (lol)

Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Its So Very Cheri said...

Hey-It is so nice to meet you. I know you have been a follower for a while and I am trying to get to visit everybody. I have about 250-300 people coming by daily so I got busy fast. I love meeting each of you. I love your blog and clicked on follower.

Cheri

Deb said...

Love that you're willing to share the struggle along with the story.

Even the bad.

And the ugly.

Have a great weekend!

Sweet dreams.

Real Life Sarah said...

I love the idea behind this site! I am all about being real, too!

Chele said...

Thanks for sharing Amy! By the way, I love your new page... it looks great!!! My daughter who is 6 and the only girl in the house other than me. She runs the house too! What is up with that?! LOL

Wanda said...

Cute! Love your blog.
I am a mom to 3 teens. My oldest is leaving for college in less than 3 weeks. He's psyched!
I'm all mixed up over it.

Cherish your chick time. I have two teen daughters...so I can so relate to the drama/fashion/attention thing.
My girls are so much fun! I am so glad God picked me to be the mom to my kids! It's fantastic!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Just blog hopping and found your blog....so glad that I did. I have a GREAT giveaway going through Sunday night...$100Surprise Gift....with a little Christmas to go along with it.

Unknown said...

It was so nice visiting your blog tonight. I come from a family of three girlies. We had a blast together.

Thanks for linking up to my porch party. I hope to get to know you better. :)
Your blogging chum,
Lynnette

Laura P. said...

I found your blog while out trolling the net. :) Love what you're doing here. Great job!

Blessings,

Laura Polk
Contemplations of a Crispy Mom
www.laurapolk.com

Sparkling Adventures said...

Looking forward to getting to know you! I have four girls and live in Australia. My eldest is just five, so I have many wonderful years of their company in front of me!

Stacey said...

Whahoo! More places to be real....I just love your heart!

Thanks for stopping by and linking up at 29lincolnavenue! I am so excited to see your face again real soon!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Stopping by from 29lincolnavenue! :D Great to meet you!
Sherry