Thursday, February 25, 2010

Wake Up Amy

I finished a book yesterday and tears started streaming down my face. The book was good and I would recommend it, but I could tell it was deeper than just the content of the book that had me reeling.

You can read the first chapter of the book and read my review here. The book titled Desert Fire by Shannon Van Roekel is a fictional story of a journalist in Sudan. The intensity of the writing and the circumstances in the book grabbed me until I got to the very last page.

I was in tears thinking about the tragedy that is happening in so many countries all over the world that do not have the freedoms we have here in America when it comes to our faith. The last pages of the book left me at peace with the ending. And the book itself didn't have me in tears while I was reading all the tragedy. . .so why was I such a mess?!

I think that God was giving me a little wake-up call. I am still trying to sort it all out. I will share more with you on it later. For today I leave you with this verse.

"...for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever." 1 Chronicles 28:9

I am examining my motives and my heart today.

3 comments:

kellyjae said...

thanks Amy. I wrote the verse down; it is definately one to ponder...as I search my own heart and motives. Sometimes I fool myself into thinking that my motives are good and pure when (God knows) that they really are not. It is really hard to face sometimes. I'm so glad that He has promised us that if we seek Him, He will be found. Now I just need to TRULY seek Him...with my whole heart. He will have to help me with that too!! Hope you have a good rest of your day.
Love,
Kelly

Summersheartjourney said...

Yes! Amy be God's servant, serve the world even if just a little.
"Blessed are the Peacemakers for they shall be called children of God" Matthew 5:9

I have a book for you if you would like to read it. It is sad and hard to read. It is called "Not on our watch" by Don Cheadle (famous actor) and John Prendergast. It is about ending the genocinde in Darfur and Beyond.

Another thing I wanted to be sure and say is that we can not all run out and "save" the world, but we can all teach our children on how to be peacemakers and servants of the world and ultimately servants of our God. That can be your contribution to ending the sadness that so often envelopes our world.

Let me know if you wish to read the book. I will send it to you.

Love and hugs,
Your Cuz'

Cherie said...

I love it when books grab you like that, and sometimes you won't even know why until several days or even a week later. God will reveal it to you little by little when you are ready for it.