Monday, April 13, 2009

Have You Seen Jesus?

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:15-16

Last week I read something in My Utmost for His Highest that said, "Jesus must appear to you and to your friend individually; no one can see Jesus with your eyes."

As I spend time in prayer and reading my Bible, Jesus continues to open my eyes to so many things. I feel He places many things on my heart and in my mind that I want to share with others. When I do share in conversation or in my writing, I want everyone to see Jesus.

In this same entry in Utmost I was taken to Mark 16. Jesus had risen from the dead and was appearing before different believers. He encouraged them to tell others what they had seen. Jesus had appeared before Mary Magdalene. Scripture states, "She went and told those who had been with him and who were mourning and weeping. When they heard that Jesus was alive and that she had seen him, they did not believe it." Oswald Chambers finished his entry with this statement, "When you see Him, you must tell, even if they don't believe."

I grew up believing in God and believing that Jesus died for my sins. However, I was not saved until I was in my 20's. I know that as some read this, they do not understand. I believe that it is not enough for us to believe in God and believe in Jesus. We have to see Him.

Have you seen Jesus? If you have, you will know. Just as Chambers says, "But once you have seen Him, you can never be the same." My life changed the day I saw Jesus. I wanted everyone to see Jesus. As I sit here and write, I want everyone to feel what I feel. The unconditional love that I cannot receive from anyone but God.

Jesus knew that so many that heard the gospel still would not believe, but He told them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."

Through the words that I write and through the life that I live, I want everyone to see Jesus. But you will never really see Him until you see Him through your own eyes. You have to seek Him. I think that others can see Jesus working in my life, but they cannot experience a life with Him through me.

No comments: