Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Amazing Mother


I really wanted to spend Mother's Day with my mom this year. I wanted to go and plant some flowers for her and sit and have coffee with her. Unfortunately, it was 30 degrees in South Dakota Friday night and the weather is not going to be much better next week. Not exactly prime planting season.

Last weekend she came to visit with my dad. It is so much fun to have them hang out here (and my mom always does the dishes, thanks mom!)

I wanted to take some time to write a little bit about this amazing woman today to wish her a Happy Mother's Day.

In two short weeks she is retiring from 43 years of teaching. She has spent all 43 years in the same school teaching 1st, 2nd and 3rd graders. I don't know how she did it for so long. It was amazing that every summer she would be busy preparing for the next year. You would think that after about 30 years, she would do the same thing.

The day she retires we will be jumping in the car to drive to the airport for our first family trip to Walt Disney World. It will be an amazing experience for all of us.

To my mom who always gets on the floor and plays with the girls. . .


To my mom who is passing on her love for reading to all of her grandkids. . .



We love you! Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Blessed to have had your Mom as my 2nd Grade teacher. You do have incredible parents. It's hard to believe she'll be retiring! :)