Monday, May 31, 2010

A New Chapter


For a South Dakota girl that lives about as far away from sea water as I can get, it is amazing how good this massive body of water is for my soul. Once a year I get somewhere that I experience the sound of the waves crashing against the shore.

Last night at supper we were talking about the amazing creation God performed in making the oceans. My middle daughter said, "I know one reason why God created the oceans. It was so we could know that He loves us as deep as the ocean and as wide as the sea."


Maybe that is why I can come to this place and experience so much peace. I stand in the waves and I can sense God's power. As the waves roll towards me I feel God's love being poured on me.

I am far from home, far away from the stresses that come with keeping a home. I have been pretty much unplugged for the past week and a half. That has been very good for my soul, too.

It is amazing how much inspiration I have when I sit with a blank pad of paper and a pen.


As June approaches I have decided to change my blog a little bit. You have all been so patient as I have worked through my rough drafts. You will have to stop by to see where I am headed with this new chapter.

I will tell you this, June will be all about Focusing on the Father. We will be celebrating our Heavenly Father, our earthly fathers and our amazing husbands - our children's fathers. Do you have a Father story to share, I would love to feature you here this month.

Join me tomorrow for the first post on our Everlasting Father.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

4 comments:

Stef said...

oh Amy - that sounds absolutely beautiful!! I can't wait to read all of June! YOU GO GIRL!

Just love the fact that I'm not the only kook who brings a writing pad to the beach!! Love me some pen and paper! I can write for days!!

HUGS
stef

Deidra said...

Love the ocean. Just this morning I said to my husband, "I should live near the ocean when we retire. I love the ocean so much, there's no reason I shouldn't be able to see it more often." Glad you're getting to enjoy it!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're having a great time!! Beautiful pictures!! So excited about June @ your blog!! =)

Alaina Frederick of Dinker and Giggles said...

I love coming to your blog - each post while not written directly at me somehow touches a part of my life that I'm roller coasting my way through right now.

I love the focus on the fathers for June. Personally, I'm trying to focus more on my husband and all the hard work that he does in order to keep our family afloat.

Right now I'm just praying that he would get fired up about his own Heavenly Father so we could be a whole family on fire!