Friday, October 9, 2009

Coming Home

It is always so much fun to travel, but it is always good to come home. It is so funny to hear how people respond when I say I am from "South Dakota". A lot of people wonder why I live here and if I will ever leave here. It always gets me to start thinking about my life and the choices I have made.

I love to visit the big cities and experience the busy non-stop life, but I am always ready to slow down and return to the place I call home. The trip I just returned from was wonderful. I was able to meet some of my favorite bloggers in real life and I was able to reconnect with a childhood friend.

Yesterday as I was driving home from the airport, (which was a 7 1/2 hour drive), it was a little bitter sweet. I had so much fun on my little adventure, but I missed my family so much. As I entered South Dakota the sun was starting to set. This picture is a view from the car.



The picture does not even show the beautiful picture that God had painted for me across the sky. The sky was filled with pink and orange hues, bursting through the fluffy white clouds. At that moment I was reminded that South Dakota is my home. The peace and beauty of the wide open plains and the combines harvesting in the fields.

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1


What place do you call home? What makes it home to you?

4 comments:

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

A beautiful picture Amy! I truly feel at home here in Newmilns Scotland. I have never felt more at home anywhere than here!

Love Collette xxx

KK said...

We've always moved a lot, so home is wherever my parents live!

McCormick's said...

I agree that SD has the best sunrises/sunsets anywhere - and it always reminds me why I call it "home", too. Glad you had a fun trip!

McCormick's said...

Ha! I just noticed the sunset in my profile picture is from SD!