Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Terror in the Night and Blind Sight Review

While I sat in the hospital last week with my daughter I had the opportunity to read the books Terror By Night written by Terry Caffey with James Pence and Blind Sight written by James Pence.

I read Blind Sight first, not realizing why this book had any significance to the book Terror By Night other than the author.

Blind Sight is a great mystery book that focuses on a religious cult. It was very interesting. The story kept me intrigued until the end. I don't want to give away any of the twists of the story, you will have to read it. It is an amazing story of a father getting through his own heartache to help an old friend's children. Through the struggle of his own emotions he learns that God had a purpose in sparing his life.

You can read more about the book and check out an interview with the author here.

When I started reading Terror By Night a true story of author Terry Caffey's life, I did not put down this book until I had finished it. One horrific night changed Terry's life. He lost his entire family and wondered why he didn't lose his own life as well.

His wife and two sons were murdered in their home. He was shot six times, but he survived. It was not until the next day that he realized that his daughter had survived. Later that day he was told that his daughter was arrested in connection to the murder. He just wanted to die.

This story is heartbreaking, but it is also a story of faith, trust and forgiveness. It is not easy to read the facts of the story, but it will leave you with hope in knowing that God can use everything for good.

In it you will also read how James Pence's book Blind Sight helped Terry Caffey overcome some of the struggles he had with his life.

Thank you Kathy Carlton Willis Communications for giving me copies of these books for review. I recommend both to you as books you should read in 2010!

No comments: