Sunday, February 21, 2010

Starting Over. . .

Well, I didn't even post last Monday. I haven't been to the gym since the Wednesday before that. I decided that I need to get back on track and start over.

I am holding steady at my weight. I know that I am an emotional eater and when I get a little stressed, I eat. So not only have I been eating horribly, I haven't been able to get to the gym.

We had a Dinner Theatre at church that I did the decorating for on Valentine's Day. 150 decorated sugar cookies later and I was off the healthy wagon for a whole week.

My hubby was out of town part of the week so I let myself get away with no trips to the gym. (Not sure why I didn't just do my EA Sports Active, that is why I got it. For those days I can't get to the gym).

So, I am not beating myself up about it. I know that I just need to get back into the groove this week. The gym is calling my name. No excuses.

Next week hopefully I will come back and have another successful week.

So here are a few of my goals. I think I need to see them in writing:
1. No Soda
2. Eat Breakfast every day (something healthy. . .)
3. Drink more water. (the past couple of weeks I think I have had coffee running through my veins)
4. Get to the gym at least 5 days this week

I can't wait to check in on all of the other Mamavation Moms. I can celebrate their successes and motivate myself to get moving!

15 comments:

kia said...

Also re-visit some of your own motivating posts from earlier this year. I am glad you didn't take another week off. Get back into the momentum. You can have a great week.

Unknown said...

I think that you are going to do amazing this week. We all have hard weeks and I can totally understand the emotionally eating. I am constantly battling that and I've been great. Until today - I have a deadline and am procrastinating. I ate some things that I didn't need to but I have a better understanding of why and I stopped myself when I realized what I was doing.

This is all a process. I am so glad that we have each other for support- during good times and bad.

Anonymous said...

I need to get to the gym, too. I'm glad that I read this blog, Amy. I will pray for you this week that you will meet your goals. I plan to drink more water, eat a healthy breakfast, and go to the gym three times this week. Let's keep our goals for His glory! I'll repost at the end of the week how it went! Blessings to you! :)

Wendy Paine Miller said...

Your #3 is huge on my list. I'm going to turn into dust soon if I don't drink more water. I guess I'll turn into dust someday anyway, but I'd like to buy some time.

Hope you feel motivated all week.
~ Wendy

TLEstrogen said...

Get back to it girl! You'll be fine!

Colleen said...

Just recommit and you can do it!

bookieboo said...

I love all your goals for the week. I'm glad you aren't beating yourself up this week, cause it's not good to do that. You got the right idea...just confess and move on. We are here for you! XXOO

Tina said...

we all have bad weeks.... i have had a few of my own.
good job on holding the weight though, that is awesome.
good luck with your goals.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Awesome attitude! Make it a great week!

Unknown said...

Refocus, re-energize, recommit. You're on the right path, girlfriend. You're focusing on the positives instead of the negatives. Hang in there! You can do this!

Anonymous said...

those are great goals so far i'm good on no pop and im working on my water intake. my downfall is that my mom makes goodies for my dad and I have them too

Cherrie D. Bautista, CEC said...

Amy, good to see you back! You're right, don't waste your time beating yourself up, there's no point in doing that. Just pick up where you left, and get back to the groove. Good goals you have in there. Looking forward for your update next week! --- @ImAHotMom at Fitness Family

Jessica said...

I understand; I also lost the sugar cookie battle. But, we're all here together to help us shrug the sugar cookies off and get moving again. You can do it! And, remember if it's too hard to get to the gym, just pull out the Wii and use your EA Sports Active! :) I look forward to reading your post next week and seeing all that you were able to accomplish this week!

Brittney said...

Great goals! It's crazy how the simplest thins are sometimes the hardest. I love your attitude... just start over. Have a great week!

Bonita said...

Boy, can I relate to falling off the exercise wagon! Hope things are going better for you.

Can't wait to meet you at the Relevant Conference!