Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Which Road Do You Choose?

You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.
Acts 2:28


I have this picture in my mind of two paths. One of the paths is straight and you can see for miles. It is a beautiful path.

The other path is bumpy and curvy with twists and turns. This path looks like a lot of work.

When I get to the crossroads, I can choose which path I am going take. But, I have to make a choice.

A lot of people will choose the path that they think is beautiful, the path that seems clear and easy. They may see some of their friends and family on this path. It will be really tempting to follow this path.

The other path may seem lonely at times, people will question why you chose this path. There will be times when you will be tempted to turn around and take the easy road.

Lately there are days that I feel like I am on the easy path. I am following others when I should be following Christ. I have discovered along the way that following Christ is not easy. He sacrificed His life for us. And following Him takes sacrifice from us in return.

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Matthew 7:13-14


Have you found the narrow road? Have you entered through the small gate? How do you keep yourself focused on the road that leads to life?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

This verse has been standing out to me lately, too. Thanks for sharing it. :)

I've learned in my walk of crossholds to just listen and choose the path He chooses. Often times God will reveal to me, "this is the Way, walk in it." When I hear those words, I know that I can step forward. Sometimes it is smooth, but one thing I have noticed is that it is always a small gate and a narrow road. Few understand. Few find it. But, I am so thankful that God has allowed me to hear Him, that He's allowing me to find it through Jesus Christ. And, I want to share what He shows me to others so that they can, too. But, it's always, always a choice to be one of the few. But, what an honor and privilege and amazing blessing to be in His way!!!

I thank God for directing my feet and teaching me to run in the path of His commands, for He sets my heart free! :)

God bless you!

Sharon Piatt said...

True, very true. We have to be willing to travel the path alone at times. But the beautiful thing is that times when I have been willing to go it alone, He later sends a friend to walk with me. God is so good! Thanks for remiding us of this truth!

KK said...

I feel like I'm on the windy treacherous path, but I know I'm still following Him, so I'm closing my eyes and moving forward!