Thursday, June 4, 2009

It's a Beautiful Day

I love it when I roll out of bed to a clear blue sky with the sun shining. It is a little chilly this morning, but it is a beautiful day. My little ones have actually been sleeping in a little bit. (well it is 8:30 and it is still silent in the house) I love this new found quiet time that I have enjoyed the past two days.

I have a busy day ahead, but I am praising God for this day. We are trying so hard to get our children to understand that they are so blessed with the life that they have. When at times, I need to also stop and reflect on this very same thing.

I do not believe that as a Christian our lives are meant to be easy. Just because we believe, it does not mean that we will be blessed with material things. We will suffer. People we love will be taken from us. We ourselves may suffer sickness that will not heal.

At the season of my life that I am in right now I have so much to praise God for everyday. I am blessed to stay home with my children and live in a beautiful home. It is way too easy to forget that I need to praise God for everything that I have.

So today as I am running through this crazy house trying to get through my list of things to do I am going to continue to offer my thanksgiving to the Lord.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment—to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ. Ephesians 1:3-10

No comments: