Saturday, November 28, 2009

Celebrating Advent

advent Pictures, Images and Photos

It is hard for me to believe that we are closely approaching the advent season. As a child I remember through the month of December the candles at the front of the church that were lit until all five were glowing. It was a tradition that I loved. About 6 years ago my husband and I decided to do our own advent celebration at home with our girls.

Today I will get out the candles and the evergreen and set up the arrangement. Tomorrow we will gather around it and light the first candle of the Christmas Season. Since there are five of us and five candles, everyone gets one week to light their own. We start at the smallest and save the white candle that represents Jesus for Daddy.

I am often curious if any other families celebrate this tradition in their homes. Do you celebrate Advent?

2 comments:

dawn said...

We do this too. One year when trying to de-stress the holidays, I asked which parts of the season are everyone's favorites...I was surprised to learn that the kids didn't care about some of the things that I thought they did. And surprised that the advent wreath was my daughter's favorite! Sometimes it's hard to fit in...but we make it happen. :0)

KK said...

We did when I was really little, but I haven't seen one of those in a long time! I think its a good reminder though.