Friday, November 20, 2009

A Child's Walk

When I was in the kitchen doing the dishes yesterday I heard a little voice behind me say, "Holy Cow, Jesus really did die on a cross."

I had to contain a little giggle before I turned around. My little one was holding a ceramic cross that her older sister had painted. After I said to her, "Yes, Jesus did die on a cross." She continued, "He is naked, he isn't wearing a shirt or pants."

Oh to be so young and innocent. I got a good little chuckle out of our conversation. And although it was a great story to share with my husband, it also made me realize something else. She really is listening, too.

On our family devotion nights, she is usually being silly and the comments she shares really have nothing to do with the topic. But, she goes to Sunday school and kids church. She attends a Christian preschool, too. All of those things are starting to impact her faith walk, even though she is only three.

I know the next time we talk about Jesus on the cross she will have a picture in her mind and in her on way, she believes that it is truth.

She sees an image and doesn't doubt the stories we tell her are truth. It makes me wonder why as adults it is so easy for us to believe sometimes. It is so hard for us to trust sometimes. My girls' faith is so much stronger than mine some days. It is because they are filled with doubt like I am on days that are not going my way.

I am so thankful to be a part of their walk, they truly are a gift from Him.

2 comments:

Beth Herring said...

Our children have such faith and we would do well to take lessons from them.

Loved this post.

KK said...

Sometimes I think the same thing, wow He really did that....for me! I'm glad your kids are starting to "get it" they really do listen. Its a blessing you are raising them in Him.