Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Lost Mission

I feel like I have had an amazing opportunity this year discovering new authors through my blog. One of my girlfriends told me the other day she thinks of me as a book collector. I have to agree with her, I love books. I love to read. Since I was a young child books have been a very important part of my life. This year I have had so much fun reading new authors, new genres and authors that have been around for a long time that I just had not discovered yet. It is like Christmas for me every time I go to the mailbox. The mail carriers probably dislike the pounds I have added to their bags with all of the books.

The latest book that I added to my library thanks to Amy at Litfuse Publicity Group is Athol Dickson's Lost Mission.



Here is a little about the book from Litfuse.

What haunting legacy awaits deep beneath the barrios and wealthy enclaves of Southern California?

A billionaire
driven mad by grief.

A pastor
in love with the wrong woman.

An illegal immigrant
desperate to feed his family.

Only Lupe de la Garza can save them from the ancient evil lurking in a lost mission's ruins, but it will take an act of faith beyond all human power.

An idyllic Spanish mission collapses in the eighteenth century atop the supernatural evidence of a shocking crime. Twelve generations later the ground is opened up, the forgotten ruins are disturbed, and rich and poor alike confront the onslaught of resurging hell on earth. Caught up in the catastrophe are...
· A humble shopkeeper compelled to leave her tiny village deep in Mexico to preach in America
· A minister wracked with guilt for loving the wrong woman
· An unimaginably wealthy man, blinded to the consequences of his grand plans
· A devoted father and husband driven to a horrible discovery that changes everything

Will the evil that destroyed the MisiĆ³n de Santa Dolores rise to overwhelm them? Or will they beat back the terrible desires that led to the mission's good Franciscan founder's standing in the midst of flames ignited by his enemies and friends alike more than two centuries ago?

From the high Sierra Madre mountains to the harsh Sonoran desert, from the privileged world of millionaire moguls to the impoverished immigrants who serve them, Athol Dickson once again weaves a gripping story of suspense that spans centuries and cultures to explore the abiding possibility of miracles.

Another great Book club book for anyone that is searching for a new one to read and discuss. There are even some conversation questions in the back of the book.

A thought provoking book that has you thinking about good an evil, villains and heroes. Lately I have been reading lighter books that I can get through quickly. This is not a book that you will sit down and read in an afternoon. You will want to savor the story and all of the details that Dickson weaves in.

You can find out more about Athol Dickson and this book at his website.

Thanks again Litfuse for another great book!

No comments: