Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Unwrapping Small Town Life

Fall weather is upon us. We went from having our air conditioner on to putting on warm PJ's. Fall has always been my favorite season. I love to put on a comfy pair of jeans and a sweatshirt and enjoy a chill in the air. The vibrant colors of fall in South Dakota make the winter snow bearable.

One of my favorite things about fall is football. In a small town High School Football is entertainment. This is a special week as we celebrate homecoming. Tonight they will crown a new King and Queen and then they will gather around a "M" and light it on fire. I love living in a small town where everyone comes together in celebration of such simple things.

Today was "Team Jersey Day" at my daughter's school. She was so proud to leave today wearing her Daddy's College Football Jersey. And he was so proud to have her wear it.

Today I am joining Emily over at Chatting at the Sky for Tuesdays Unwrapped. I am celebrating the joys of small town living. I am praising God that He brought us to this place a little over three years ago. I am thanking God that we followed His lead and let Him lead us to a place we had no desire to come.

5 comments:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

From one small-town girl to another, I say "Amen, sister." I'll follow you over to Emily's ....

Anonymous said...

We lived in a small town for about 15 months and I miss it. Your daughter is adorable! :)

Michelle DeRusha said...

Hi Amy,

Thanks for visiting Graceful today and leaving a comment! I'm a new blogger, so every comment makes my heart sing!

Even though I live in a not-so-small-town, it feels small to me, because of the community of friends we've established here. When I moved to Nebraska from Massachusetss I didn't think I would ever survive. Turns out, I did...thanks to friends and my church community.

You just never know what's going to turn out to be a blessing!

Anonymous said...

OK- can you say adorable!? She is the sweetest looking girl (aside from my own---haha!). Yes, smal town living is like a cozy sweater on one of those brightly colored fall days!

Dawn said...

we were talking about just such a place when we were sitting in our own football stands. my friend said that if anyonw ever wanted to rob the town they'd just have to pull in on a friday night- because everyone was out at the big game.

sounds like a ton of fun... and memories that were made to share!