Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Blog Journey

Well, I have been blogging for almost a year. It took me awhile to figure out how it all works and I am still learning something new everyday. Along with the blog redesign I am going to try to organize my thoughts in my blog a little better. I have been praying about the ministry of this blog. Around Christmas when my daughter was in the hospital the blog got set aside. The projects I was working on didn't get finished (i.e. our Jesse Tree & Our Advent Wreath Celebration). I am hoping to reorganize my thoughts in the new year. Get more organized and plan ahead.

I wanted to share with you some of the things you can look for in the upcoming year. If you haven't noticed the new design added categories along the right side bar. These categories are where I am headed in 2010. I have included the scriptures I am focusing on for each category as well.

My Journey: I will continue to share with you my faith journey. It is my prayer that we will all find the road that leads to life.

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Matthew 7:13-14



The Gathering Place: One thing that I love to do is entertain. And I think that God intends for us to open our homes to people. The Gathering Place is all things Home. From trying to be the Proverbs 31 wife to a new recipe that I can share with you my friends.

But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15



Family Room: This is a place to share the devotions we do as a family. We are currently working on the ABC's of Scriptures. I will share the faith journey we take as a family.

Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deutoronomy 11:19



Agape Love: Agape is the greek word translated as love in some New Testament scripture. Agape love stands for self-sacrifice. Agape love is the unconditional love that we receive from Christ. I decided that Agape Love was a great category for my posts on marriage. Christ's love is the model of love in our marriage.

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. John 13:34



Daughters of the King: As sisters in Christ we are all Daughters of the King. We can laugh together, cry together, and encourage each other as we celebrate our royalty.

Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4:12



Random Reflections: A place for me to share the many random, miscellaneous thoughts I have on life.

Photo Album: I love to take pictures. I love to share these pictures with you. This is my place to record our journey through the lens of my camera.

On The Shelf: Some of you may wonder why and how I read all of these books for my blog. First of all, I love to read. Second of all, I feel it is part of my ministry. When I was first saved I didn't know how to share my faith with others. Instead I used books. I would share books with my family and friends. They could read for themselves what I was feeling. The words that I couldn't find in my head were shared through books. There are so many books that can help share the gospel of Christ in non-threatening ways.

Mamavation: This is my journey to healthy living. Not only do I need to daily focus on my spiritual health, but also my physical health. Mamavation is a wonderful support system that is helping me accomplish my goals.

I hope you enjoy where I am headed in 2010, I don't know the plans that God has in store for me this year, but I am excited to be still and listen to His leading.

3 comments:

Eighteen said...

Thanks for clarifying all your purposes for writing.
I particularly like your reasoning behind 'On the Shelf' - sharing about Christ is difficult.. but I can see how this can be an opportunity

jenn said...

I love the new layout and your categories! nice!

Chele said...

I love the categories! Catchy! :)