I am really working on having faith in the plan God has for our family so I turned in my Bible to Hebrews 11 to read about the many people before me that lived their lives by faith.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
(Photo Courtesy of Freefoto.com)
What did each of these people do to be listed in this Bible Hall of Faith?
- Abel offered a better sacrifice
- Enoch pleased God
- Noah condemned the world and built an ark
- Abraham was tested and he obeyed
- Isaac blessed his sons
- Jacob worshiped God
- Joseph spoke and gave instructions
- Moses chose to be mistreated for God
- The people of Israel passed through the Red Sea
- The people marched and Jericho's walls fell.
- Rahab welcomed the spies
The list goes on with Gideon, Samson, David, etc. They all have a story of living by faith.
As I sit here thinking about each story. Many of them did not have easy lives, but they had fulfilling lives serving the God.
What do I want my "By Faith" statement to be?
By faith Amy raised three girls to love the Lord. By faith Amy loved her husband and submitted to him. By faith Amy served with joy.
There are so many more things I want my faith statement to say. How about you?