Thursday, June 3, 2010

June Scripture Challenge

Here is a challenge for you. For the last half of the year I am going to focus on 1 scripture per week until the end of the year. I am grabbing my index cards and copying down 4 verses for June. I am going to carry them with me in my purse, attaching them to my mirror and placing them by the sink while I do the dishes.

After all of the scripture digging I have been doing for my first few posts of the month, it was hard to choose four. These are the verses I have decided on for June.

  • Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith., who for the joy set before him, endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2
  • When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12
  • Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. Isaiah 40:28
  • Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal. Isaiah 26:4


No comments: