Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ready or Not, Here I Come

The girls have a couple of friends over and summer fever has definitely hit. Five girls in the house and summer fever = giggling girls and craziness. I tried hiding out in the laundry room for a little relief, but my littlest tracked me down to help her with some dress-up clothes. Now I am trying to hide out in my room, sitting in my prayer chair, silence at last. . .

I think about when my girls play a game of hide and seek. They are always looking for the best hiding place. Unfortunately for them, we really don't have a lot of great places inside the house or outside. Plus, they have a three year old sister that isn't very good at hiding. She waits until she sees where everyone hides and then she usually helps the seekers find the ones that are hiding.

I did a little research on the words hiding and hide in the Bible and I found this verse in Psalm 32:7.

"You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance." Psalm 32:7

I am so blessed that I have the very best hiding spot of all. Right in the protection of God's arms. However, I hope to be a little like my three year old. I don't want to keep this awesome hiding place to myself. I want to tell everyone about it. The best part of all is that Satan can know my hiding place and he still can't win the game.

No comments: