Tuesday, May 12, 2009

So how did I do?

Okay so today is a week from when I decided to focus on the first section of 1 Peter 4:7-11. "Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray." Some of you may be wondering how I did.

Well, I won't say that I have mastered this section of the verse, however, it is definitely on my mind at all times and I am working diligently at focusing my thoughts so that I can spend some serious time in prayer.

Now it is time to move on to the next portion of the verse. "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

I recently watched the final week DVD for Focus on the Family's Truth Project. God's timing is always perfect. . .because I am highly convicted right now on a topic that deals very closely with loving each other deeply, as the above scripture states.

The DVD focused on loving the unlovable. Well, in God's eyes, no one in unlovable. So. . . in our eyes, no one should be unlovable.

Take some time to think about the following question: "Whom do you consider unlovable?" I think all of us have people in our lives that we don't think we could ever love. Because to be honest when we think about them, we don't even really like them.

However, God expects us to love them. I have to remind myself that to someone else out there, they may consider me unlovable at times. 

God presents each of us with opportunities all of time. Sometimes it is as simple as saying hello when you pass by someone in the store. Sometimes it takes more from us like helping someone that we know is in need.

In our culture today, we like to think that someone else will take care of some one's needs. That we are too busy. I know that I often think this myself. How different the world would be if we started to care more about our neighbors than ourselves.

So my challenge for this next week is to really keep my eyes open for the opportunities that God presents to me. I may be only one person, living in what some think is the middle of nowhere. But as one person, in my little corner of the world, I can make a difference.

I need to remind myself that God takes each one of us just as we are. As 1 Peter 4:7 states, "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

No comments: