Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sunny Outlook

I love the sun. The past two days have been absolutely beautiful in North Central South Dakota. We haven't had a lot of wind and the temperature is perfect. All the windows are open and the house is filled with fresh air.

The mustiness of winter is finally gone. It is amazing how the weather can affect my attitude. The past couple of days it is easier to get out of bed in the morning and the days have just flown by. I do think it helps that the girls spend a lot of time outdoors as well. The house is a little quieter when they do. :-) 

"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

New life surrounds me as I go outside and look at everything turning green. It is a wonderful reminder to me that in South Dakota the cold and dreary days of winter eventually give way to the hot and sunny days of summer.

Thankfully each day I am also realizing that the days that I feel overwhelmed and defeated also come and go. It is a lot harder to have a self-focused day when I wake up in the morning praising the Lord for the day.

No comments: