Monday, July 12, 2010

In the Beginning. . .

I got no further than the "About the Cover" of this book. . .


When I realized that I needed to completely refocus my Bible time. Francis Chan explained a simple concept and it stopped me in my tracks. I went on to the first chapter and I realized that I needed to start over at the very beginning. I pulled out these three things and I turned to Genesis 1:1.


I am on a journey to seek God. I know many Bible Stories and scriptures that have been taught to me. It is time for me to really dig deep and discover the truth of God's world for myself. It goes back to a statement from Focus on the Family's Truth Project, "Do I really believe, that what I really believe is really real?"

I am excited to share my thoughts with you. Right now I haven't gotten any farther than the first verse. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1 I think I will spend some time just letting that sink in.

He was there from the beginning.
He created everything.
He created me.

holy experience

I also want to add to my gratitude list.
I just celebrated my 33rd Birthday yesterday and I have so much to be grateful for.
#11: 33 years of health and happiness
#12: Sitting around the campfire eating smores with my girls.


#13: The world's best smore maker.


#14: Father-Daughter Hiking Trips


#15: Family Game Time


5 comments:

Stef said...

I haven't read that book - I read Crazy Love. But I know exactly how you feel - yesterday at church I heard, "we've grown numb - we now have this apathy for God's Word."

NO NO NO !! But how sickly true.

Love your heart Amy - let's dig into it and discover a new love for our Creator!! You inspire me!
Stef

p.s. - happy birthday kid, I'm 5 months older than you =)

Anonymous said...

i'm behind in my reading again and miss posts like this! i haven't heard of this book before, but i'm going to look into it.

i'm searching to know God's heart for myself as well ... and i'm so excited to know i have friends to encourage me on this journey!

Joy said...

Definitely going to check into this book. Thank you for sharing. By the way, I have given you an award, so stop by my blog to check it out. :)

Anonymous said...

Definitely need to check this book out. During church yesterday, I could feel my first spiritual breakthrough in years starting. Something like this just might help get it going!

Cherie said...

I love this Amy. How often do we let just a few words seep into our soul. I'm glad you stopped reading after the first profound words! I look forward to hearing more about this book.