It has been a couple of tough months for us. I can see the stress on his face. I can hear the stress in the tone of his voice. I feel helpless most of the time because he is the provider. I am at home just trying to make things run smoothly here.
However today I was stopped in my tracks as I read in Genesis 2:18:
The Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone.
I will make a helper suitable for him."
As I sat here thinking about this verse I made a mental list of how I am made to be his helper.
- I can help him by keeping our home orderly so that when he walks through the door he feels welcome and leave work at work.
- I can help him by providing healthy meals that nourishes him and fills his belly.
- I can help him by being financially responsible and only spending on needs instead of wants.
- I can help him by providing him with love and intimacy that he can only get from me.
- I can help him by raising our girls to love to Lord and respect him by showing them this through my life.
- I can help him by rising early to pray for his day and to spend a few moments with him before he leaves for work.
I am created to be his helper. But lately in the passing moments of lunchtime and suppertime I don't feel like I am helping him at all as he eats and goes back to work to finish all that needs to be done.
So this morning as God stirred me awake when I really wanted to stay sleeping, I am going to remember my role as his helper. It was not good for man to be alone. And I love this man.
If you are stopping by from Seeds of Faith's iFellowship, Hello to You and Welcome to Girlfriends Get Real.
If you are a regular visitor, I thank you so much for your comments and encouragement. It is so wonderful to read your words everyday.
I would love to hear more from all of you about your marriage and how you are a helper to your husband.