Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Celebration of Life

On Monday morning my husband and I attended a funeral celebrating the life of his cousin's husband.

He was young.
He left behind a wife and three young boys.
Many questions were unanswered as his life here on earth seemed to be taken early.
His story is one that will amaze you and leave you asking questions, too.

I did not know Ryan. However, when I left the sanctuary Monday morning the story of his life and his faith, forever changed mine.

Life here on earth is not forever. We do not know how long we will be here. We are given an opportunity each day to live for Christ and store up treasures in heaven.

At times I feel that I live out my faith when it is convenient. When I get outside of my comfort zone I am often quiet. I have felt stretched and pulled over the last few months and now I know why.

Thankfully, God isn't finished with me yet. Tomorrow is another day that He is giving me to live for Him.

I encourage you to take some time to read Ryan's Caring Bridge journal. He was a man that lived out his faith and he loved his family. I have no doubt in my mind that when He was greeted in heaven, God smiled at him and said, Well done my good and faithful servant.

No comments: