Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Listening

I have just started a new Bible Study by Priscilla Shirer on Discerning The Voice of God: How to Recognize When God Speaks.

I stared at blank lines as I did my daily study.

Questions about unanswered prayers, waiting on the Lord.

I realized as I was trying to fill out the blank lines that so often I do not even take my requests to Him.

I am not waiting patiently for answers when I am not even taking Him the questions.

I sit with my Bible open and I drink in the Words on the page.
They resonate deep inside of me.
I feel God's presence.

But He is waiting patiently for me to speak.
He is waiting patiently for me to ask.
He is waiting patiently for me to listen and obey.

holy experience

4 comments:

Daily Grace said...

What a joy to feel the presence of God. He is always there, always waiting for us, we have only to invite Him in.

Peace & blessings to you

Anonymous said...

I don't believe in unanswered prayers. It's just that sometimes He says "no," or more often... "not yet."

But, like you, I often find that I've forgotten to ask.

Sarah said...

I've never done a study by Priscilla Shirer, but have heard great things about her. So neat you're getting a lot out of your time!

Stef said...

YES YES YES - I love it! Tell me how this book is, I'm thinking about it!!

Stef