Monday, August 9, 2010

Counting My Blessings

My husband and I are getting a way for a couple of days.
I am so looking forward to hours in the car.
He and I just focusing on each other.
Talking about the past.
Dreaming about the future.
Celebrating the present.

We haven't even left yet and I am already so very thankful.

It has been such a blessing for me to sit on Sunday evenings and think about the week we have just been through. I try to recall every moment. Every blessing. Every struggle.

So today I join Ann from A Holy Experience and the Gratitude community. . .

holy experience

#46 Trips to the Zoo

#47 Clean Faces and Big Smiles for School Pictures

#48 DQ Mini Blizzards

#49 Baking Cookies with Grandma

#50 Back to School Shopping with all the girls

#51 25 cent boxes of crayons

#52 Brand New Empty Notebooks

#53 Open Windows on a cool summer day

#54 Giant Bookstores

#55 Starbucks Coffee, Strong and Black

#56 Lazy Sunday afternoon

#57 Quiet times in my Rocking Chair with my Bible.

#58 My dad's Sunday Supper Cooking

#59 Daddy taking care of bedtime with the girls

#60 Listening to my husband laugh with old friends until he has tears in his eyes

5 comments:

-t- said...

Thanks for sharing your thanks :)
Great list!
I especially enjoy #60; A merry heart does good, like medicine.
His blessings on your trip :]

Sarah said...

Have a great trip- that sounds like it will be much needed and wonderful!

Gwen T said...

We were just talking in church yesterday about how gratitude in suffering or difficulty completely changes your perspective. Thanks for the reminder, Amy!!

Beth Herring said...

i pray that you and your sweet fella have the BEST time ever!

Traci Michele said...

Have a blast with your hubby!