Thursday, August 19, 2010

Walking with Him

My house is empty. It is just me with the windows open feeling the fresh air and listening to the crickets. It seems so odd in the middle of the afternoon. The girls are all away at their first day of school.


I turned on some soft music and grabbed my Bible. I am still journeying through Genesis. I read through the lineage of Adam and moved to the flood.

A story I have read so many times. Probably one of the first Bible stories I learned. As a child I focused on the animals entering the ark two by two. As I read this story today my heart stops at Genesis 6:6.

"The Lord was grieved that he had made man of the earth,
and his heart was filled with pain."

". . .his heart was filled with pain." I think of times in my life that my heart was filled with pain. Times that I thought my life was going to fall apart. Times when I didn't know what it meant to rely on Him. Did I grieve the Lord? Did my story fill the Lord's heart with pain?

It goes on in Genesis 6 to say that Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord. It doesn't say that Noah lived a perfect life. It does say he lived a righteous life and that he walked with God.

God doesn't expect us to be perfect. He knows that is not possible for us. He wants us to love Him and obey Him.

Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with
all your soul and with all your mind." Matthew 22:37

We have a choice every day. We can wake up and choose sin and cause grief and pain to the one who created us. Or we can wake up and choose to love Him and walk with Him. He is always here. Always. Waiting for us.

Will you join me and walk with Him?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am slowly learning that God doesnt expect perfection, it is so easy to condem yourself and move away from God. I know im forgiven and this gives me strength to be more rightous xx

Anonymous said...

I am slowly learning that God doesnt expect perfection, it is so easy to condem yourself and move away from God. I know im forgiven and this gives me strength to be more rightous xx

Anonymous said...

yes. yes i will!